How to backup your Minecraft World Folder
A step by step guide to create a backup file in Multicraft and download it to your computer.
Requires Admin level access to Multicraft.
Why would I want to know this?
- An extra copy to act as a rollback point
- If you migrate to another server
- You want to share your world data with others
- You want to work on the world using tools not available on the server
- You want to test plugins that alter your world dramatically on a test server first
What am I about to do?
In ensure that you don't create a backup with corruption, the server will need to be stopped. Then the backup function in Multicraft can be used.
A world backup created in Multicraft is a .zip file containing all the data files in the /world folder. This is primarily the data for the main overworld and includes:
- Player data: Player location, XP level, Inventory
It however does not include data for the Nether or The End. It also does not contain the following:
- Plugin files
- Plugin Configuration files (unless saved to /world or one of its subfolders)
- Server configuration files: e.g. ops.txt, server.properties, bukkit.yml
Steps to Take
Stopping the Minecraft Server
- Log into Multicraft: Click 'Minecraft Login' and enter your Multicraft username and password
- Go to your server: Click on your server in the list
- Stop the server: Click on the 'Stop' button at the top, wait until the icon to the left of the button changes to a white cross on a grey circle
Making a Backup
While still logged in to Multicraft, in the server view:
- Go to the backup section: Click on 'Backup' in the navigation bar down the left
- Make the backup: Click on the 'Start' button
Restarting the Minecraft Server
- Return to the main server view: Either click 'Back' in the navigation bar down the left or click on your server name at the top
- Start the server: Click on 'Start' at the top, the icon to the left of the button will turn to a green circle when the server has started
How the Download your world
- To download your server you will want to use FTP, using the Filezilla FTP App, due the the size of the backup files the webbased FTP will not download the files.
- Read the FTP article on using FileZilla
Further Reading/External Links
Bu cavab sizə kömək etdi?
The whitelist is a list of Players who are allowed to join your server, to change this you do the...
If your world ever badly gets griefed or gets corrupted we keep 3 backups of your world which are...
You can give your friends access to your multicraft control panel if they are the co-owner or...