Installing and configuring NppFTP for Notepad++
The NppFTP plugin allows you to browse, download, edit and upload text files on your server.
Download the installer from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
Installing the NppFTP plugin
- Open Notepad++
- From the menu: Plugins>Plugin Manager>Show Plugin Manager
- On the 'Available' tab: Scroll down and look for NppFTP
- Click the check-box on the left
- Click the 'Install' button
- You may be asked to restart the application, click 'Yes'
Configuring the NppFTP plugin
- From the menu: Plugins>NppFTP>Show NppFTP Window
- In the NppFTP panel: Click the cog icon and choose 'Profile Settings'
- Click the 'Add New' button
- Enter a name for the profile and click 'OK'
- In the 'Profiles' list, highlight the name of the profile you entered
- In the 'Connection' tab enter the Host, Username and Password for your FTP connection (You can find those details in Multicraft: Files>FTP Access)
- Click 'Close'
- Click the blue 'Connect' icon and choose the name of the profile you made
- NppFTP will attempt to connect to the FTP server and return a directory listing
- Double-click a file to download a file to a local cache and open it in the editor
- When you save a file in the cache, NppFTP will automatically upload it to the server
Configuring Notepad++ Tab settings for YAML files
- In the list on the left highlight 'Tab Settings'
- Scroll down the list on the right, find and highlight 'yaml'
- Un-check the 'Use default value' box
- Check the 'Replace by space' box
- Click on the number next to 'Tab size:'
- In the box that appears, change the number to 2 and press enter
- Click the 'Close' button
Now when you open a YAML file, the indents will be correctly displayed and when you press tab it will insert two spaces.