Discover all the magical possibilities with Magivulture 1.12.2
Magiculture is a modpack that has seen a lot of different incarnations. It started as private 1.7.10 pack I made for some friends, and since then we’ve been through 5 different versions (but we’re just gonna call this one “2”). My friends and I released one of the very first versions of the pack HERE, but we’ve come a long way. This version is a 1.12.2 pack, made to showcase some of the different magic and exploration mods that exist for this version. However, keeping with the spirit of the name, a good deal of agriculture mods exist too, with a light sprinkling of tech.
Here are some of the defining features of this pack:
- Lots to explore – Roguelike dungeons and reccomplex add exploration features, all with custom treasure and mob spawns.
- Loose progression – Grow your character in a number of different ways. Gain skills (via skillable mod), allowing you to unlock use of different items as you gain experience and grow your character in different directions. Begin with 5 hearts and acquire more through exploration, questing, or trading.
- Questing guide – Better questing guide (WIP) designed to introduce you to different mods in the pack. The pack also features a very loose story, for those that like their character to have some purpose in the world.
- Better trading – Villager trades have been overhauled to feel more fair and provide a wider variety of modded items. Buying/selling at a village should feel like a viable way to gain items and experience.
- Higher difficulty – Tough as nails, rough mobs, and nutrients have been fine-tuned to add elements of difficulty and challenge to the game without feeling overbearing. (examples – nutrients allows you to gain buffs and extra health if you diversify your diet, hardcore darkness along with dynamic lights allows for high immersion but you are not completely blind when outside at night unless it is a new moon).
- Different ways to play – Want to live on a farm, feeding animals and gathering crops to take to the market and sell for emeralds each week? You can gain experience that way. Want to be a dungeoneer, travelling and exploring the land, slaying monsters with your sword skills? You can gain experience that way too. Want to be a sorcerer, or a druid, or an engineer? That works also.
This pack is still very WIP. The questing book will not be finished for a good while, and some entries have incomplete descriptions. In addition, there are lots of mods I am looking to add that are just not finished updating to 1.12 yet. Expect changes and the pack being fleshed-out more in the coming weeks. Like seriously, even the name and the 2+ year old pack image will probably be changed.
StickyPiston hosting works for you
- The adventure never ends, choose from 500+ modpacks in our library.
- Can’t find a modpack? Just ask, we’ll add it to the one-click installer.
- Made your own modpack? We’ll build you a custom server in minutes.
- Install & swap modpacks instantly with our "One-click Installer".
- Unlimited and free modpack updates including testing and fixes.
- Server crashed? Send us a ticket and we can fix it 99.9% of the time.
- Complete smart device compatibility - Manage your server anywhere.
Total Peace of Mind
- Custom modpack support is what we do. Managing and maintaining the technical side so you don’t have to.
- A dedicated support team that can explain optimisations, carry out requests and help you understand your server better.
- Server check-ins carried out by human beings that ensure you stay lag and crash free.
- Your world is important to us, off-site backups ensure it’s in safe hands.
Start a free trial of Magiculture 2 right now for 24 hours.
You can relax with our 14-Day Moneyback Guarantee on all server orders.
The Adventure Starts Here - Curse Magiculture 2 Modpack Server
|Suitable for hosting||Friends & Family
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Small Modpacks (1.4.7 - 1.6.4)
Minecraft PC/MAC, Bukkit, Spigot
Medium Modpacks (1.7.10 - 1.14.2)
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Larger Modpacks or more Players
|Premium Support Included||
Instant Setup Unlimited Modpack UpdatesUnlimited Slots Monitored/Managed Service
|One-Click Installer||Install/Switch between up to 3 different Minecraft instances on one server. How-to install MultiServers.|
|Custom Modpack Server||Modpack Server built with your mods & configs at no extra cost. Learn how with your 6 step modpack video guide.|
|Supported Launchers||Minecraft JAVA Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux) - Curse/Twitch - FTB Legacy - ATLauncher - Technic - VoidWrath|
|Server Locations||Choose from 6 server locations USA Canada UK France Germany Australia|
Magiculture 2 Servers Mods ListClick to find out more about Magiculture 2 minecraft server modpack.
- Better Than Mending (by legobmw99)
- Bookshelf (by darkh4x)
- Bad Wither No Cookie – Reloaded (by kreezxil)
- Better Questing (by Funwayguy)
- AutoRegLib (by Vazkii)
- Animania (by Purplicious_Cow)
- Astral Sorcery (by HellFirePvP)
- Baubles (by azanor)
- Batty’s Coordinates PLUS! Mod for Forge (by BatHeart)
- Better Foliage (by octarine_noise)
- Block Drops Tweaker (by TheAwesomeGem)
- Antique Atlas (by Hunternif)
- AmbientSounds 2.0 (by CreativeMD)
- Bed Bugs (by gr8pefish)
- Attained Drops 2 (by Shadows_of_Fire)
- Dynamic Sword Skills (by coolAlias)
- Blockcraftery (by elucent)
- BetterFps (by Guichaguri)
- Auto Ore Dictionary Converter (by MattDahEpic)
- Akashic Tome (by Vazkii)
- B.A.S.E (by lanse505)
- Botania (by Vazkii)
- SwordSkillsAPI (by coolAlias)
- AppleSkin (by squeek502)
- AI Improvements (by darkguardsman)
- Armor Sound Tweak (by InsomniaKitten)
- Shadowfacts’ Forgelin (by shadowfactsmc)
- Chameleon (by jaquadro)
- Inspirations (by KnightMiner)
- CraftStudio API (by ZeAmateis)
- Magical Psi (by wiiv)
- Maille (by cleverpanda714)
- Immersive Petroleum (by theFlaxbeard)
- Clumps (by jaredlll08)
- Extra Utilities (by RWTema)
- IvToolkit (by Ivorforce)
- Magical Map (by Shadows_of_Fire)
- Combustive Fishing (by theillusivec4)
- Mantle (by mDiyo)
- GraveStone Mod (by EuhDawson)
- Dynamic Surroundings (by OreCruncher)
- Immersive Tech (by ferroo2000)
- Hopper Ducts (by FyberOptic)
- MattDahEpic Core (MDECore) (by MattDahEpic)
- Iron Chests (by progwml6)
- Ender Compass (by MrIbby)
- Global GameRules (by Gory_Moon)
- Just Enough Items (JEI) (by mezz)
- More Overlays (by feldim2425)
- Better Questing – Quest Book (by Drethic)
- Hardcore Darkness (by lumien231)
- Giacomo’s Bookshelf (by Zacomat)
- NetherPortalFix (by BlayTheNinth)
- Cooking for Blockheads (by BlayTheNinth)
- CodeChicken Lib 1.8.+ (by covers1624)
- Capsule (by Lythom7)
- ConnectedTexturesMod (by tterrag1098)
- Farming for Blockheads (by BlayTheNinth)
- Carry On (by Tschipp)
- Pam’s HarvestCraft (by MatrexsVigil)
- Comforts (by theillusivec4)
- Chisel (by tterrag1098)
- Open Glider (by gr8pefish)
- Grappling Hook Mod (by Yyon)
- Cravings (by darkh4x)
- Chisels & Bits (by AlgorithmX2)
- Industrial Foregoing (by Buuz135)
- The Lost Quiver (by LavX64)
- Fullscreen Windowed (Borderless) for Minecraft (by hancin)
- p455w0rd’s Library (by TheRealp455w0rd)
- Quick Leaf Decay (by lumien231)
- Embers (by elucent)
- Earthworks (by Alsnder)
- Dynamic Lights (by AtomicStryker)
- OpenBlocks Elevator (by VsnGamer)
- CraftTweaker (by jaredlll08)
- EverlastingAbilities (by kroeser)
- Cave Root (by kjmaster2)
- Ender Storage 1.8.+ (by covers1624)
- Corpse Complex (by theillusivec4)
- Nature’s Compass (by ChaosTheDude)
- Cyclops Core (by kroeser)
- Nether Gold Ore (by Insane96MCP)
- Custom Starter Gear (by brandon3055)
- Colytra (by theillusivec4)
- EluLib (by elucent)
- MrCrayfish’s Furniture Mod (by Mr_Crayfish)
- Quark (by Vazkii)
- Placebo (by Shadows_of_Fire)
- Simple Gravel Ores (by elucent)
- Potion Fingers (by Vazkii)
- Natural Nether Portals (by Insane96MCP)
- Psi (by Vazkii)
- Iron Backpacks (by gr8pefish)
- Morpheus (by Quetzi)
- Immersive Engineering (by BluSunrize)
- Ceramics (by KnightMiner)
- Nether Chest (by mangoose3039)
- Rainbow Oak Trees (by csb987)
- Just Enough Resources (JER) (by Way2muchnoise)
- Extra Alchemy (by zabi94)
- Smart HUD (by InsomniaKitten)
- Waddles (by Girafi)
- Refined Storage (by raoulvdberge)
- Refined Relocation 2 (by BlayTheNinth)
- Traverse (by ProfessorProspector)
- Better Questing – Standard Expansion (by Funwayguy)
- Storage Drawers (by jaquadro)
- Village Names (by AstroTibs)
- Tree Chopper (by DuchLord)
- Skillable (by Vazkii)
- TorchMaster (by xalcon)
- Yoyos (by Raven2396)
- SwingThroughGrass (by exidex)
- ReAuth (by TechnicianLP)
- Tesla Core Lib (by Face_of_Cat)
- Refined Storage Addons (by raoulvdberge)
- Recurrent Complex (by Ivorforce)
- Villager Trade Tables (by csb987)
- Rough Mobs (by Lellson)
- Spartan Shields (by ObliviousSpartan)
- Soot (by BordListian)
- Slurp (by EPIIC_THUNDERCAT)
- Sophisticated wolves (by NightKosh)
- Scannable (by SangarWasTaken)
- Roots (by elucent)
- Tough Expansion (by TheRealp455w0rd)
- Waystones (by BlayTheNinth)
- Redstone Flux (by TeamCoFH)
- Simply Enchanting (by Dyonovan)
- The One Probe (by McJty)
- Sound Filters (by Tmtravlr)
- Title Changer (by maxwell_lt)
- Rustic (by mangoose3039)
- Reliquary v1.3 (by P3pp3rF1y)
- Roguelike Dungeons (by Greymerk)
- TOP Addons (by DrManganese)
- Tough As Nails (by Glitchfiend)
- IKWID (I Know What I’m Doing) (by InsomniaKitten)
- Mending Fix (by SSESecondImpact)
- Veining (by LalalaStab)
- Just Enough HarvestCraft (JEHC) (by mrAppleXZ)
- CookieCore (by EphysPotato)
- Magic Feather (by EphysPotato)
- SmoothWater (by asiekierka)
Magiculture 2 Memory Requirements & Player Slots
- Memory Guideline
To avoid lag or memory errors, order a minimum of 2GB of memory. If you are playing with friends or planning on hosting a public server consider ordering 3GB or more. You won't know your exact requirements until you start building and getting more players on. Don't worry you can quickly upgrade your memory as your server grows. Follow this guide if you need to upgrade.
- Recommended Max Players is our best guess on how many slots gives good performance per GigaByte of memory. It relates to how many players can join before running into lag or out-of-memory errors. Newer servers with lots of mods/plugins will have less players per GB, you won't know exactly how many players until your server gets busy. You have Unlimited Slots, set this in the control panel, use your slots wisely. It's a guideline not set in bedrock!