Brave the worlds of 1.8.9, what role you choose, is your decision ...
Welcome to the Curse launcher’s The Pioneers modpack!
If you’re interested in seeing what 1.8.9 has to offer, this pack is for you! My goal is simply to make a playable pack, and showcase some new and interesting mods that have come out, while still offering a few of the classic “staple” mods that you may have used in the past. There are mods for people who like to build, explore, do magic, and automate.
What is unique to this pack?
Carefully considered mod selection, featuring some of the greatest 1.8.9 mods.
NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL MC MODS, VOL 1.8.9
It’s stable! Most of the major bugs have been sent packing.
Some recipe changes and balance tweaks, nothing too crazy.
No conflicting ores, potion effects, etc. The standard “well thought out modpack” type stuff.
Custom thaumcraft roguelike dungeon configs
This modpack includes Biomes O’ Plenty and RTG (Realistic Terrian Generation) which alter your biomes and your world
Get your Curse The Pioneers Server Hosting here today!
StickyPiston hosting works for you
- The adventure never ends, choose from 500+ modpacks in our library.
- Can’t find a modpack? Just ask, we’ll add it to the one-click installer.
- Made your own modpack? We’ll build you a custom server in minutes.
- Install & swap modpacks instantly with our "One-click Installer".
- Unlimited and free modpack updates including testing and fixes.
- Server crashed? Send us a ticket and we can fix it 99.9% of the time.
- Complete smart device compatibility - Manage your server anywhere.
Total Peace of Mind
- Custom modpack support is what we do. Managing and maintaining the technical side so you don’t have to.
- A dedicated support team that can explain optimisations, carry out requests and help you understand your server better.
- Server check-ins carried out by human beings that ensure you stay lag and crash free.
- Your world is important to us, off-site backups ensure it’s in safe hands.
Start a free trial of The Pioneers right now for 24 hours.
You can relax with our 14-Day Moneyback Guarantee on all server orders.
The Adventure Starts Here - Curse The Pioneers Modpack Server
|Suitable for hosting||Friends & Family
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Small Modpacks (1.4.7 - 1.6.4)
Minecraft PC/MAC, Bukkit, Spigot
Medium Modpacks (1.7.10 - 1.14.2)
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Larger Modpacks or more Players
|Premium Support Included||
Instant Setup Unlimited Modpack UpdatesUnlimited Slots Monitored/Managed Service
|One-Click Installer||Install/Switch between up to 3 different Minecraft instances on one server. How-to install MultiServers.|
|Custom Modpack Server||Modpack Server built with your mods & configs at no extra cost. Learn how with your 6 step modpack video guide.|
|Supported Launchers||Minecraft JAVA Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux) - Curse/Twitch - FTB Legacy - ATLauncher - Technic - VoidWrath|
|Server Locations||Choose from 6 server locations USA Canada UK France Germany Australia|
The Pioneers Servers Mods ListClick to find out more about The Pioneers minecraft server modpack.
- Additional Banners by darkh4x, Epoxide
- Adobe Blocks 2 by The_FirePlace
- Advanced Generators by bdew
- Alt-F4 by VapourDrive
- Archimedes' Ships Plus - Flying houses? Flying houses by darkevilmac
- ArchitectureCraft by gcewing
- Aroma1997Core by Aroma1997
- Aura Cascade by pixlepix
- Automagy by Tuhlijin
- Backlytra by Aesen
- BdLib by bdew
- BetterAchievements by Way2muchnoise
- Biomes O' Plenty by Glitchfiend
- Blood Magic by WayofTime
- Bookshelf by Darkh4x
- Bookshelf API Library by TeamBRModding
- Botania Unofficial by williewillus
- Buildcraft by CovertJaguar
- Buildcraft Compat by buildcraftchildsplay
- Building Bricks by Hea3ven
- Caterpillar by codegreen
- Chameleon by jaquado
- Chisels & Bits by AlqorithmX2
- Chisels & Bytes by Belgabor
- CloudMaster by CovertJaguar * Disabled
- Correlated Potentialistics by Aesen
- Crafting Slabs by shadowfactsmc
- Crafting Tweaks by Blay09
- CraftingCraft by Blay09
- CraftingTweaks Addons by Blay09
- CraftTweaker by jaredlll08
- Custom Main Menu by lumien231 * Disabled
- Dark Utilities by darkh4x
- Deep Resonance by Mcjty
- Default Options by Blay09 * Disabled
- EiraIRC by Blay09 * Disabled
- EiraMoticons by Blay09 * Disabled
- ElecCore | Rendering Library by Elec332
- Ender-Rift by gigaherz
- EnderTanks by ShetiPhian
- Enderthing by gigaherz
- Extend-A-Hand by Arcfalt
- Extra Bit Manipulation by MolecularPhlyo
- Extra Utilities by RWTema
- Fast Leaf Decay by lumien231
- FFS - Fancy Fluid Storage by LordMau5
- Flat Colored Blocks by AlqorithmX2
- Foundry by EXTRER7
- FTB Utilities by FTB
- FTBLib by FTB
- Gear Swapper by Mcjty
- Glass Shards by lija
- Hammerz by VapourDrive
- Ice Shards by lija
- Industrial Craft by sfPlayer
- InGame Info XML by Lunatrius
- Intangible by Emoniph
- Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
- Iron Chests by progwml6
- JEIAddons by mezz
- JourneyMap by techbrew * Disabled
- Just Enough Items by mezz
- Just Enough Resources by Way2muchnoise
- JustEnoughTooltips by superckl
- Light Level Overlay Reloaded by oldjunyi
- LunatriusCore by Lunatrius
- Mantle by mDiyo
- McJtyLib by Mcjty
- MCMultiPart by amadornes
- Meme In A Bottle by mrbysco
- MmmMmmMmmMmm by bonusboni
- MoarSigns by Gory_Moon
- Morpheus by quetzi
- Mouse Tweaks by YaLTeR97 * Disabled
- MovingWorld by darkevilmac
- MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod by mr_crayfish
- Neat by Vazkii * Disabled
- NeoTech by TeamBRModding
- NetherPortalFix by Blay09
- NoNausea by lumien231
- Not Enough Wands by romelo333
- OpenComputers by Kethtar
- Paint This! by pao101
- Ping by dmillerw
- Practicalities by jotato
- Psi by Vazkii
- QuantumFlux by Jotato
- Random Things by lumien231
- Realistic Terrain Generation - RTG by WhichOnesPink
- Redstone Paste by FyberOptic
- Reliquary v1.3 by P3pp3rF1y
- Resource Loader by lumien231 * Disabled
- ResourcefulCrops by TehNut
- RFTools by Mcjty
- RFTools Dimensions by Mcjty
- Roguelike Dungeons by GreyMerk
- SG Craft by gcewing
- ShadowMC by shadowfactsmc
- ShetiPhianCore by ShetiPhian
- Similsax Transtructors by Vorquel
- SimpleGraves by TehNut
- SimpleHarvest by TehNut
- SimpleLabels by insaneau
- Soul Shards: The Old Ways by SgtPunishment
- Storage Drawers by jaquadro
- Storage Network by MrRiegel
- Substratum by EXTER7
- Thaumcraft by azanor
- Thaumic Infusion by Th3DrunkenMafia
- Tinkers Construct by mDiyo
- TIS-3D by Kethtar
- TrashSlot by Blay09
- Uncomplication by Aroma1997
- Underp Hangables by masa_
- Unity by CyanideX
- Waila by ProMobius
- Wawla by darkh4x
- Wither Charging Fix by thor12022
The Pioneers Memory Requirements & Player Slots
- Memory Guideline
To avoid lag or memory errors, order a minimum of 2GB of memory. If you are playing with friends or planning on hosting a public server consider ordering 3GB or more. You won't know your exact requirements until you start building and getting more players on. Don't worry you can quickly upgrade your memory as your server grows. Follow this guide if you need to upgrade.
- Recommended Max Players is our best guess on how many slots gives good performance per GigaByte of memory. It relates to how many players can join before running into lag or out-of-memory errors. Newer servers with lots of mods/plugins will have less players per GB, you won't know exactly how many players until your server gets busy. You have Unlimited Slots, set this in the control panel, use your slots wisely. It's a guideline not set in bedrock!