The tried and trusted power behind most major Minecraft networks
Spigot 1.14.4 server hosting is the key for every successful Minecraft network and StickyPiston makes it very easy to setup in minutes. Spigot allows your server to use plugins in the same way that Bukkit does, Spigot is default in our BungeeCord Network hosting package.
“Simply put, Spigot is it. Spigot is that ‘special sauce’ used by many of the world’s top Minecraft servers to ensure that they can cope with their huge player base and ensure the satisfaction of their players. Spigot works by reducing and eliminating many causes of lag”
By using Spigot you unlock the use of “Plugins” on your server. Unlike mods, these require no installation on the players side. Just join the server and enjoy.
There are also tons of performance tweaks within spigot that will help keep your server stable. Here’s a rundown of some of the best features that Spigot provides:
- TPS increases.
- Optimized growth, decay and chunk ticking.
- Automatic conversion between online and offline mode.
- Auto stack merging for items and experience orbs.
- Chunk garbage collector to prevent chunk leaks.
- Configurable values for many vanilla/Bukkit messages (e.g. whitelist, no permission).
- Optimized anti x-ray (Orebfuscator).
- Efficient Netty networking engine.
- Smart crash and hang detection / prevention.
- Reverse compatibility with CraftBukkit plugins.
- Spigot 1.14 Prevents server load caused by maps in item frames.
- Automatically stays up-to-date with the latest CraftBukkit changes.
- Fine control over growth rates, chunks, and ticks.
- Optimized tick loop.
- Memory-reducing nibble arrays.
For more features head over to the official about Spigot 1.14.4 Page
For a list of available plugins check the official Spigot 1.14.4 Resources Page
StickyPiston also has various articles to help with getting your Spigot server running in our Knowledgebase: Spigot/Bukkit Articles.
StickyPiston hosting works for you
- The adventure never ends, choose from 500+ modpacks in our library.
- Can’t find a modpack? Just ask, we’ll add it to the one-click installer.
- Made your own modpack? We’ll build you a custom server in minutes.
- Install & swap modpacks instantly with our "One-click Installer".
- Unlimited and free modpack updates including testing and fixes.
- Server crashed? Send us a ticket and we can fix it 99.9% of the time.
- Complete smart device compatibility - Manage your server anywhere.
Total Peace of Mind
- Custom modpack support is what we do. Managing and maintaining the technical side so you don’t have to.
- A dedicated support team that can explain optimisations, carry out requests and help you understand your server better.
- Server check-ins carried out by human beings that ensure you stay lag and crash free.
- Your world is important to us, off-site backups ensure it’s in safe hands.
Start a free trial of Spigot 1.14.4 right now for 24 hours.
You can relax with our 14-Day Moneyback Guarantee on all server orders.
The Adventure Starts Here - Minecraft Spigot 1.14.4 Server
|Suitable for hosting||Friends & Family
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Small Modpacks (1.4.7 - 1.6.4)
Minecraft PC/MAC, Bukkit, Spigot
Medium Modpacks (1.7.10 - 1.14.2)
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Larger Modpacks or more Players
|Premium Support Included||
Instant Setup Unlimited Modpack UpdatesUnlimited Slots Monitored/Managed Service
|One-Click Installer||Install/Switch between up to 3 different Minecraft instances on one server. How-to install MultiServers.|
|Custom Modpack Server||Modpack Server built with your mods & configs at no extra cost. Learn how with your 6 step modpack video guide.|
|Supported Launchers||Minecraft JAVA Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux) - Curse/Twitch - FTB Legacy - ATLauncher - Technic - VoidWrath|
|Server Locations||Choose from 6 server locations USA Canada UK France Germany Australia|
Spigot 1.14.4 Memory Requirements & Player Slots
- Memory Guideline
To avoid lag or memory errors, order a minimum of 1GB of memory. If you are playing with friends or planning on hosting a public server consider ordering 2GB or more. You won't know your exact requirements until you start building and getting more players on. Don't worry you can quickly upgrade your memory as your server grows. Follow this guide if you need to upgrade.
- Recommended Max Players is our best guess on how many slots gives good performance per GigaByte of memory. It relates to how many players can join before running into lag or out-of-memory errors. Newer servers with lots of mods/plugins will have less players per GB, you won't know exactly how many players until your server gets busy. You have Unlimited Slots, set this in the control panel, use your slots wisely. It's a guideline not set in bedrock!