Are you ready? Lets go
FTB Unstable is the official bleeding-edge testing platform used by Feed The Beast for their more modern 1.8 packs. Highly experimental and volatile.
This is not a released pack, and there’s not an official server available to download for this experimental FTB pack. We’ve put together this server from the mods in the client with the latest 1.8 version of forge. This pack could change at any moment! Due to this we offer free server upgrades as standard.
StickyPiston hosting works for you
- The adventure never ends, choose from 500+ modpacks in our library.
- Can’t find a modpack? Just ask, we’ll add it to the one-click installer.
- Made your own modpack? We’ll build you a custom server in minutes.
- Install & swap modpacks instantly with our "One-click Installer".
- Unlimited and free modpack updates including testing and fixes.
- Server crashed? Send us a ticket and we can fix it 99.9% of the time.
- Complete smart device compatibility - Manage your server anywhere.
Total Peace of Mind
- Custom modpack support is what we do. Managing and maintaining the technical side so you don’t have to.
- A dedicated support team that can explain optimisations, carry out requests and help you understand your server better.
- Server check-ins carried out by human beings that ensure you stay lag and crash free.
- Your world is important to us, off-site backups ensure it’s in safe hands.
Start a free trial of Unstable 1.8 right now for 24 hours.
You can relax with our 14-Day Moneyback Guarantee on all server orders.
The Adventure Starts Here - FTB/Curse Unstable 1.8 Modpack Server
|Suitable for hosting||Friends & Family
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Small Modpacks (1.4.7 - 1.6.4)
Minecraft PC/MAC, Bukkit, Spigot
Medium Modpacks (1.7.10 - 1.13)
Minecraft JAVA Edition, Bukkit, Spigot
Larger Modpacks or more Players
|Premium Support Included||
Instant Setup Unlimited Modpack UpdatesUnlimited Slots Monitored/Managed Service
|One-Click Installer||Install/Switch between up to 3 different Minecraft instances on one server. How-to install MultiServers.|
|Custom Modpack Server||Modpack Server built with your mods & configs at no extra cost. Learn how with your 6 step modpack video guide.|
|Supported Launchers||Minecraft JAVA Edition (Windows/Mac/Linux) - Curse/Twitch - FTB Legacy - ATLauncher - Technic - VoidWrath|
|Server Locations||Choose from 6 server locations USA Canada UK France Germany Australia|
Unstable 1.8 Servers Mods ListClick to find out more about Unstable 1.8 minecraft server modpack.
- Aura Cascade by pixlepix
- Bagginses by lorddusk
- Baubles by Azanor
- Better Than Bunnies by iChun - Granted
- Biomes O' Plenty by TDWP_FTW, Adubbz
- Blood Magic by WayofTime
- Botania by Vazkii
- Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad, asiekierka
- Chameleon by Jaquadro
- Charset by asie
- Chisel 2 by warlordjones, tterrag1098, TheCricket26, Drullkus
- Chisels and Bits by AlgorithmX2
- Compass Coordinates by Quetzi - Granted
- ComputerCraft by Dan200
- CraftTweaker by jaredlll08
- Custom Main Menu by Lumien
- EnderTanks by ShetiPhian
- EZ Storage by zero_fall
- FastLeafDecay by Olafski
- Flat Colored Blocks by AlgorithmX2
- FTB Utilities by LatvianModder
- FTBLib by jaredlll08, LatvianModder
- Furnus by MrRiegel
- Graves by Fireball1725, FusionLord
- Hopper Ducts Mod by FyberOptic
- Hydraulicraft by K4Unl
- In-Game Wiki Mod by MineMaarten
- Inventory Sorter by cpw
- IronChests by cpw, progwml6
- JEIAddons by Mezz
- JourneyMap by techbrew
- Just Enough Items (JEI) by Mezz
- Just Enough Resources (JER) by Way2muchnoise
- K4Lib by K4Unl
- Light Level Overlay Reloaded by oldjunyi
- Mantle by mDiyo, progwml6, Alexbegt, bonusboni
- McJtyLib by McJty
- MCMultiPart by amadornes
- MmmMmmMmmMmm by bonusboni
- Morpheus by quetzi
- Ore Dictionary Converter by EXTER6
- Player Rugs by KitsuneKihira
- PneumaticCraft by MineMaarten
- Progressive Automation by Vanhal
- Random Things by Lumien
- Resource Loader by Lumien
- RFTools by McJty
- ShetiPhianCore by ShetiPhian
- Simpleretrogen by cpw
- Storage Drawers by jaquadro
- Thaumcraft by Azanor
- Thaumic Infusion by DrunkMafia
- Tinkers Construct by mDiyo, bonusboni
- Waila by ProfMobius
- Wawla by Darkhax
Unstable 1.8 Memory Requirements & Player Slots
- Memory Guideline
To avoid lag or memory errors, order a minimum of 2GB of memory. If you are playing with friends or planning on hosting a public server consider ordering 3GB or more. You won't know your exact requirements until you start building and getting more players on. Don't worry you can quickly upgrade your memory as your server grows. Follow this guide if you need to upgrade.
- Recommended Max Players is our best guess on how many slots gives good performance per GigaByte of memory. It relates to how many players can join before running into lag or out-of-memory errors. Newer servers with lots of mods/plugins will have less players per GB, you won't know exactly how many players until your server gets busy. You have Unlimited Slots, set this in the control panel, use your slots wisely. It's a guideline not set in bedrock!