This guide is a step-by-step method for creating a custom modpack and getting it running on your StickyPiston server.
These steps will get you set up with a profile that you can use to experiment with your modpack.
- Open the Twitch Launcher, If you have not installed the launcher follow this guide.
- Click on
Modsto the left of the Search Bar.
- Click on
- Click on
Create Custom Profile.
- Choose a name for your Profile (This can be changed later on).
- Choose a Minecraft version (Make sure the mods you want to add later are available for that version).
- Choose a ModLoader Version (This will always be Forge but you will have to pick which version you need. We recommend the newest version wherever possible).
- This should create a new, blank profile for you.
These steps will take you through the process of adding mods to your pack
- Click on your new profiles image to open and view it.
- Click either
Get Modsin the centre of the screen or
Get More Contentin the top-right.
- This screen will show all available Mods for this version of Minecraft.
- To see information about the mod, simply click anywhere in the highlighted box when mousing over the mod.
- Click on the
Installbutton to add the mod to your pack.
- Repeat this process until you have all the mods you would like added to your pack.
Before you send your modpack over us to you’ll want to test it’s working on your computer.
- In the screen with your new profile’s image, click on the purple
Playbutton to get the Launcher started.
- When the Minecraft launcher opens, click on the green
- Shortly you should see a loading screen to see the mod loading process.
- Create a single-player world to test the mods.
- If you have installed any world generation mods, make sure to change the world Type when you create it
To create a server you will need to export the custom profile and send this to us, we will use this file to create your server.
- Click on the Profile image to open the screen that lists all the mods in your pack.
- Click on the three purple dots to the right of the
Get More Contentbutton.
- Click on
- Name your profile to match the name you have in your Twitch Launcher.
- The package version does not necessarily matter but it can be used to track updated versions if you continue to make changes to the pack.
- Select the Files and Folders that are needed (As standard they are already selected but
modsare the required folders).
- Click on the purple
This will begin the export process and usually the zipped folder can be found in;
We accept the custom modpack in many ways.
- You can use FTP to upload the pack to your server. Let us know when it is done by opening a support ticket.
- To connect to your server using FTP you need to download the Filezilla FTP client here. When you have downloaded it your settings will be as follows to connect to your server.
Host: (Your server IP address without the port number. e.g. 188.8.131.52) UserName: (Multicraft username with the id of your server e.g. Notch.4321) Port: 21 Password: Your Multicraft Password
Read more detailed information about using FTP to download and upload files.
- Upload the modpack or custom profile to your Dropbox account: https://dropbox.com. Let us know when it is done by opening a support ticket including a download link for us to access your pack.
- Upload the modpack to your MediaFire account: https://mediafire.com is done by opening a support ticket including a download link for us to access your pack.
Once the custom modpack has been received by StickyPiston we will:
- Install the correct version of Forge on your server.
- Disable any client side mods that won’t work on a server.
- Test that the server starts correctly and all the mods are loaded.
- Debug and fix any errors that appear.
- Reply to your support ticket to let you know that the modpack is installed and running on your server.
Whether you own a server with StickyPiston or don’t, we are always happy to help with any technical issues you may be having. Open a support ticket with our team and we will be in touch.
Open Support Ticket