Before ordering a server or service from StickyPiston hosting you may have questions. This page covers the most common questions we receive but our support is always open to anything not covered in the list below.
- Can I try a Free Trial?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
- What do I have to pay initially?
- Do you charge for extras or premium support?
- When is payment taken from my account?
- How much RAM should I order?
- Can I split the cost with my friends?
- Do you support custom servers and modpacks?
- Can I upgrade my server memory?
- Can I change my modpack or version of Minecraft?
- How long does it take for my server to be playable?
- I've placed my order, what do I do next?
- What should I do if I don't receive my server information?
- When can I cancel my server?
- What is your refund policy?
- Our other FAQs
- StickyPiston Support
We offer 24hr Free Trials for all modpacks and Minecraft versions in our library. You can play any of them here as much as you like: StickyPiston Free Trials
When you're done with your Free Trial, you can even place an order directly and carry on with the same world!
We accept any payments through PayPal and all major Card Providers. We recommend paying through PayPal as this allows for automatic billing agreements.
We do not charge for server setup, regardless of what you require. You are only asked to pay for your first invoice before the server becomes accessible.
StickyPiston does not charge any extra fees for any level of support or server management. You only pay for your server hosting and RAM.
Support, configurations, updates, edits and installations are all included.
Invoices will be generated 4 days before the bill is due and payments will only be taken from your account on the due date if you have a previously established billing agreement. Otherwise you will need to pay manually.
Every Minecraft modpack and version has a recommended memory requirement that we set by testing each instance on a server before making it order-able. General guidelines are:
- Vanilla Minecraft version 1.9 and older : Recommended RAM 1GB
- Vanilla Minecraft version 1.10 and newer : Recommended RAM 2GB
- Spigot/Bukkit Minecraft : Recommend adding 0.5-1GB to the Vanilla amounts
- Modded Minecraft version 1.8 and older : Recommended RAM 3GB
- Modded Minecraft version 1.9 and newer : Recommended RAM 4GB
We provide a service called "Group Pay" that allows others to contribute towards server costs.
Find out more about it here: Using Group Pay
We accept all kinds of custom setups. Including homebuilt modpacks, adjustments to existing packs and spigot/bukkit setups.
Read more about getting your custom modpack on your server here: Making a Modpack
You are able to upgrade or downgrade your RAM any time you like during your hosting. Invoice costs will be recalculated on a day-to-day basis meaning you'll never be overcharged.
Our "Click and Play" system allows you to setup three individual instances and worlds on the same server and swap between them easily. Find out about the system here: Click and Play from StickyPiston
Our systems will handle your order immediately and your server is normally playable within 2-5 minutes depending on the modpack or setup you chose.
Thankyou! Check your email inbox for an email titled "Your Minecraft Server is Ready to Play". Your login details, connection information for the server and more is contained within.
If more than the expected time has passed and you have not received an email, firstly, please check that you entered your email address correctly by signing into StickyPiston. If your details are correct, there is probably a flag on our system that we need to manually manage (Moving to a faster CPU, Authorising a server move to a quieter node, an issue with your custom modpack etc). Please open a Support ticket and let us know you are still waiting: Contact Support
You are welcome to cancel your server at any time and can either choose to close it immediately or let it run until the next invoice is due. More about cancelling your server can be found here: Cancelling your Minecraft Server
We offer a comprehensive moneyback guarantee for the first 14 days of your server order. No questions asked, no matter the reason! After that time, we offer refunds dependant on the situation. See our Terms of Service for more information: StickyPiston Refund Policy
This is just one of the FAQs available in the Knowledgebase, alongside hundreds of other guides and tips for server owners. Whether you own a server with StickyPiston, play on the Free Trials or have a server hosted somewhere else, the Knowledgebase is open to you and our support team will always help as much as they can if you open a ticket.
- Server Owner Quick Start Guide (FAQ)
- Managing your Minecraft Server (FAQ)
- Paying for your StickyPiston Minecraft Server (FAQ)
- StickyPiston Server and Support FAQ
- StickyPiston Technical FAQ
If you have questions about this guide or our Minecraft services, open a support ticket and our dedicated team will be in touch.
Open Support Ticket